If you're considering buying a used car, you may have some concerns about vehicle history and condition. However, when you buy certified pre-owned, or CPO, these worries will disappear.
For our customers in the Chicago, Skokie, and Park Ridge areas, buying CPO can have plenty of perks. To show you, our team at Marino Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram (CJDR) has put together this helpful article.
Thorough 125-Point Inspection
To become certified, a pre-owned vehicle must be inspected, tested, and proven to be in superior working condition.
At Marino CJDR, all our CPO vehicles have been through a meticulous 125-point inspection. During this inspection, we examine:
- Powertrain and performance specifications
- Interior condition (technical and cosmetic)
- Exterior condition (looking for dents, scratches, etc.)
- Missing or replaced parts
Anything we've deemed not up to spec in these vehicles, we'll fix or replace. By the time these cars have received our stamp of approval, they'll run and look like new.
Know Your Car's History
It's not unusual to feel apprehensive about buying a car when you don't understand its history. Luckily, with CPO vehicles, there'll be no surprises.
The car's entire history will be readily available to you through CARFAX®. Check to see maintenance reports and accident history. If the vehicle's history doesn't seem to line up with its performance, you'll be covered under one year of the CARFAX® Buyback Guarantee.
Return to Warranty
One of the biggest advantages of buying CPO is the peace of mind you'll have with your warranty. The coverage for Marino CJDR CPO cars includes:
- 3-Month/3,000-Mile Maximum Care Warranty1
- Up to 7-Year/100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty2, 3
- Lifetime certified upgrade plans4
With that kind of coverage, you won't have to worry about the road's many surprises!
In addition to a comprehensive warranty, drivers will be afforded roadside assistance.5 That way, you'll be covered from the moment your car breaks down.
This coverage includes several helpful features, such as:
- Gas delivery
- Battery jumps
- Flat tire services
- Lockout services
Along with these excellent features, you'll be granted a car rental allowance6 if your car requires extensive repair. Through this allowance, you'll receive anywhere from $35 to $175 a day.
Certified Pre-Owned Is Protection Guaranteed
There are many benefits to buying CPO. For one, you'll have a beautiful, like-new vehicle and access to full history reports. But what this advantage really comes down to is peace of mind. No matter what model you choose, if it's CPO, you can rest assured it'll run great.
Any driver in the Chicago, Skokie, or Park Ridge area who'd like to view our CPO inventory can do so by checking online today. There, you'll find specifications, photos, and price quotes. Let Marino CJDR help find your new CPO vehicle!
1. Three months or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first. Maximum Care Limited Warranty runs from the sale date of the vehicle or at the expiration of the 3/36 Basic Warranty. For more details and a copy of the limited warranties, see your dealer or call 1-800-677-5782.
2. Seven years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, for 2010 model year and newer vehicles; six years or 80,000 miles for 2009 model year and earlier vehicles. Powertrain Limited Warranty runs from the date the vehicle was sold as new. A deductible may apply. See dealer for details.
3. Eligible vehicles include Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, and Ram vehicles with an active 3-Month/3,000-Mile Maximum Care Limited Warranty, or 6-Year/80,000-Mile or 7-Year/100,000-Mile CPOV (certified pre-owned vehicle) Powertrain Limited Warranty with a maximum of 74,999 miles at the time of purchase. For lifetime coverage beyond powertrain (Added Care Plus and Maximum Care plans), eligible vehicles must be within 36 months of the in-service date and a maximum 36,000 miles. Lifetime Certified Upgrade plans exclude Dodge Viper and all SRT vehicles, as well as vehicles used for police service, taxi, limousine, postal delivery, or ambulance service. A deductible may apply. For more details and a copy of the limited warranties, see your dealer or call 1-800-677-5782. Warranty is non-transferable; exceptions apply. See dealer for details.
4. Lifetime coverage is transferable ONLY in the states of Florida and North Carolina and the 7-Year/100,000-Mile (for 2010 model year and newer vehicles) or the 6-Year/80,000-Mile (for 2009 model year and earlier vehicles) warranties. Certified Pre-Owned Powertrain Limited Warranty must be transferred in tandem with the Lifetime Warranty.
5. Administered by Cross Country Motor Club, Inc., Medford, MA 02155. You must call 1-800-521-2779 for prior authorization to receive these benefits.
6. With Rental Car Coverage, Chrysler Group LLC will reimburse you up to $35 a day for a rental vehicle ($175 maximum per occurrence) any time if: a component fails and the component is covered by the 6-Year/80,000-Mile or the 7-Year/100,000-Mile CPOV Powertrain Limited Warranty, any coverage is under the New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty, the vehicle is inoperable because of the failure, and repairs take overnight. Car Rental Allowance coverage isn't provided where loaner vehicle coverage is provided by the warranty or dealer.