Dodge Durango MPG
When you think of the Dodge, there’s usually one thing that comes to mind: performance. It’s on this reputation that the 2019 Dodge Durango remains as one of the most popular and fun-to-drive SUVs in its class. Thanks to its standard V6 engine, drivers throughout Chicago, Skokie, and Park Ridge can enjoy an EPA-estimated 19/26 city/hwy MPG*.
To help you determine whether the 2019 Durango deserves a special place in your garage, the team at Marino Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram put together this helpful guide discussing how this three-row SUV is built to conquer the long, open highway.
Dodge Durango: Performance Specs
Supreme confidence starts from the ground up. Unlike much of its midsize competition, the 2019 Durango is built using a truck frame capable of carrying its three powerful engine choices:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine that delivers 290 horsepower with 260 lb-ft of torque
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine that delivers 360 horsepower with 390 lb-ft of torque
- 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine that delivers 475 horsepower with 470 lb-ft of torque
Outfitted with an efficient 8-speed automatic transmission that seamlessly manages its rear-wheel or all-wheel-drivetrain, when properly equipped, it’s capable of pulling a Best-in-Class 8,700 lbs.
Smart Efficiency Features
Thanks to the 2019 Durango’s smart technology, you can take the adventure farther while making fewer stops at the pump. Both the 3.6L V6 and 5.7L HEMI® V8 include fuel-saving technology like dual Variable Valve Timing along with computer-aided engineering that recycles heat to reduce engine output.
The result is a three-row SUV capable of traveling 600 miles without stopping. Factor in the available Eco Mode technology and you have a vehicle able to make a big statement while leaving a smaller footprint.
3 Steps for Going the Distance
While Dodge’s legendary engineering and modern design provides true efficiency, there’s a few steps you can take to keep your costs down at the pump, including:
- Regular Oil and Filter Changes. Replacing the oil inside your 2019 Durango can have a significant impact not only on its fuel-economy but its overall performance. It’s recommended that you change the oil every 5,000 to 7,000 miles.
- Reduce Excess Weight. When properly equipped, the 2019 Durango supplies a 1,380-pound payload. Despite its heavy-lifting ability, you should try your best to limit carrying heavy weight over long periods of time.
- Maintain Tire Pressure. One of the easiest ways to ensure you’re getting the highest MPG rating is by regularly checking the PSI level in your tires. You should also make it a point to rotate your tires each time you schedule an oil change.
Discover the Dodge Durango MPG
At Marino Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, our team is committed to providing the best information on our full lineup of new, used, and certified pre-owned models.
If you’re a driver living in the Chicago, Skokie, or Park Ridge area and interested in learning more about the 2019 Durango, stop by our showroom or schedule a test drive today!
*EPA estimated mpg with 3.6L engine and eight-speed automatic transmission, AWD. Actual mileage may vary.