Used Car Checklist
When it comes time for you to purchase a used car, you’ll find a whole world of possibilities to explore. With so many brands, makes, and models to choose from, you might find yourself wishing for some help and guidance along the way. That’s why our team at Marino Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram created this helpful used car checklist, so you don’t forget a single detail. We hope that this information helps you find a pre-owned car you love for your drives around Chicago, Skokie, and Park Ridge.
- Set a Budget: Begin your journey by setting a budget that makes sense for you. Determine whether you’d like to pay up front, take out a loan, or lease your car, and decide on a monthly payment that you can easily afford.
- List Your Needs: Whether you’re looking for a pickup truck for hauling around cargo, or a minivan for hauling around the kids, you probably have a few features in mind that would make your life a little more convenient. Write these down so you remember to check for them during your search!
- Do Your Research: Now, use your budget and your list of needs as the parameters for your search! On our website, you can search our used car inventory using a variety of factors, from price to engine power. You should be able to quickly focus in on a car that’s a great fit for your lifestyle needs.
- Check Out the Car: Next, head to the dealership to see your chosen model in person. Now is when you’ll check out the car for any flaws. Be sure to inspect the exterior of the vehicle for dents and scratches, check under the hood for rust and built-up dirt, and take a look inside the cabin for stains and strange smells. If the car doesn’t have any issues that bother you, it’s time for you to get behind the wheel!
- Take a Test Drive: Hop into the driver’s seat and see how it feels. Can you find a comfortable seating position? Can you reach all the controls on the dashboard? When you’re ready, start the engine and head for the streets. Be sure to pay attention for any sounds that don’t seem quite right. Also, pay attention to the way the car feels around turns, when accelerating, and when braking. If you can, drive on both smaller roads and highways to see how the car performs in different scenarios.
- Check the Vehicle History Report: The last thing you’ll want to do is make sure that the car has been serviced regularly throughout its life. If it has a clean bill of health, then you’ll know you can drive it for years to come.
The very last thing you have to do is sign your name on the line, and head home in your pre-owned vehicle! We hope this checklist helps you find a car that you’ll love driving around Chicago, Skokie, and Park Ridge for years into the future. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Marino Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram and speak with a member of our team.